Saturday, December 7, 2013

The Jinx continues..part - 2

So i was raving about this good bottle of Wine and the jinx i faced few months back, wonder what happened to it?

so here goes rest of the story..

We were shifting our house, rather packing our stuff so it could be moved to a storage space and wifey-dear and me were to shift to my brother's place until my new house was ready.

Since i was working hard and coming home late every day, Mom decided to help wifey in the packing before the movers and packers came on the d-day.

One of the evenings i came home to see my precious bottle of wine upturned near the kitchen sink

:( WTH!

Rest of the story in 3rd person perspective of a friend who narrated my sad story to the rest of the gang!!

 (I still hate you for that and im not giving you any credit for publishing your narration here)

            So our prad boy had this prized possession - a 9 yr old bottle of red wine, saved for some special occasion I think. His awesome wife and super awesome mother decided that the wine was too old and so kettu poi irukkum (spoilt in Tamil) since it was pretty old and poured it down the Kitchen sink so they can use the bottle to keep a money plant immersed in water

          Best part of this story - After they emptied the bottle, they realized that the spout of the bottle was too small so they chucked the money plant idea and were just happy coz they discarded the kettu pona (spoilt) wine

Now, I don't have any money plant, no money to buy Wine, no good old red Wine to drink for a special occasion but just a upturned Wine bottle which will be given away to the waste paper mart for a couple of bucks!

NRI's - There is a hint for you guys in this post!!

ps : There will be many more parts to my never ending Jinx!

7 comments:

  1. I could almost imagine the bottle with the money-plant tendrils waving about :D
    And your mom seems like the typical sweet Indian mom..... like mine :)

    And I was laughing more at my imagination that few years down the line my kids would be narrating a similar story about me to their friends cuz I share a similar ignorance about alcohols.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Mits .. long time.

    I feel the same every time i see it on my shoe rack :((((

    lol @ your imagination :)) but there will surely be a generation gap? no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, extremely nice effort. everybody should scan this text. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don’t know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very informative, keep posting such sensible articles, it extremely helps to grasp regarding things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What you are spoken communication is totally true. i do know that everyone should say a similar factor, however I simply assume that you simply place it in an exceedingly method that everybody will perceive. i am positive you may reach such a lot of folks with what you've to mention.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely comply with some points that you just have mentioned on this post. I appreciate that you just have shared some reliable recommendations on this review.

    ReplyDelete