Thursday, August 15, 2013

The jinx continues..

I have been wanting my "me" time for quite some time and i got the right opportunity today.

I was home alone after a long time, it was the start of a long weekend, just had very light work today and i reached home early. I even had a great lunch earlier at Hyaat and for the night had planned to listen to some good Music, read a book, eat a pasta and a French Wine to go with.

Awesome, I'm already loving the plan :) and now the implementation.

Set my room to dim lighting

Dusted my Bose speakers and connected it to the music system, put on some random music to start with and first few were some Arabian songs - great start

Ordered White Italiano pasta from Dominos and got it in half hour - wow my lucky night

mmmm smells good too..

next out came the Red Wine which was a gift and today was the day i decided to open it - awesome timing, double check!!

lovely, the night is proceeding as i had planned...

The next was one of my favorite Turkish song - Gul Doktum by Tarkan. Its been more than 7 years when i lasted listened to this song. Things cant get better :)

wait a second, this is praddy!!! how can life be so smooth??!! Where is the Jinx?

#$%$#@^%^&^*#@$#@$!!$%^&*

Holy hell! It had a cork top and that's when i realized i forgot to buy the cork screw to open the wine!!!

I started to panic and luckily KJ who was on watsapp suggested i google a way :P

I typed "how to open wine bottle without corkscrew"...hmmm looks like they were many despos like me too on this earth :D:D.  Found loads of sites and many youtube links

Tried many ways including the ones in http://www.wikihow.com/Open-a-Wine-Bottle-Without-a-Corkscrew but nothing worked and now i have a big hole on the cork and it didn't budge a bit!!!!

Just gave a loud curse and resigned to the fact that the French are against me today :(:(

What a start to a long weekend! Argh!!

So here im eating cold pasta (it got cold in the half hour I was trying to open the damn wine bottle) and reading Harry Potter which was not bad, but still a great flop show in spite of a well planned night!

Peace out! I'm going to bed!

PS: I wrote this post last week!

4 comments:

  1. It was so funny. . Wine, music, book, yummy food..:)

    And no corkscrew! !

    Classic praddy goof up..

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe... this was funny.

    ReplyDelete